A solar inverter converts Direct Current (DC) produced by your solar panels into Alternating Current (AC) that comes out of your wall sockets. Inverters also have technology that maximises the power output of that DC energy.
DC Solar Inverters
The Solar Inverter is the heart of any solar power system. It’s a sophisticated piece of electrical equipment that is works from the time the sun comes up to the trime the sun goes down every day. The inverter is responsible for
- Conversion of DC current from the solar panels to 240 Volt AC current which is used in your own household.
- Controlling the voltage of the system to extract the maximum power available (referred to as maximum power point tracking).
- Reporting on the solar system’s performance (either on screen, via Bluetooth or online)
Velocity Solar by choice recommends only a limited amount of DC Solar inverters. Quality and reliability cannot be gained through companies that have only existed for around 10 years or less. At Velocity Solar we have seen many inverters come and go. The two string inverters we recommend is Fronius & Goodwe.
Fronius Solar Inverter
AC Micro Inverters
Enphase is driving a vision of an integrated global energy network that combines solar generation, energy management, control and storage.
Why Enphase Micro Inverters are safer
Enphase’s proven microinverter technology maximizes production of each module, enabling flexible designs and cost-effective installations.
Generate more solar power with a system that’s easy to design, simple to install, and safer for both system installers and owners. Enphase’s microinverter technology delivers more kilowatt-hours daily, monthly and yearly—even through the partial shade of clouds, trees, or structural obstructions. Plus, it increases uptime by eliminating the single point of failure common to traditional inverters.
Benefits of Enphase Micro Inverters
Enphase microinverters get the best out of each panel and ensure that your overall system performs to its maximum capability. Over time this will lead to into real savings!
- Maximum energy Production
- No single point of system failure
- Quick and simple design and installation
- Innovative cabling for fast and flexible installation
- Only low-voltage DC, standard AC
- World’s leading microinverter
- Safe all-AC electricity
- Smarter Solar
Envoy Communications Gateway
The Enphase Envoy Communications Gateway connects every part of your solar array to the Internet, enabling greater intelligence, reporting, and even remote troubleshooting.
The Envoy uses advanced powerline communications technology to connect to each microinverter without additional wiring or wireless configuration. System owners can easily check the status of their solar system using the Envoy’s LCD display or get more detailed information through the Enlighten website.
Benefits of Envoy Communications Gateway
The envoy communications gateway provides energy usage insights, remote update capabilities, load management, and enables smart grid functionalities
- Plug and play setup
- 24/7 monitoring and analysis
- Advanced data management and storage
- Connection: Standard broadband via TCP/IP
- Interface: Powerline Communications (PLC)
- Metering Accuracy: Qualified at±5% or better
Enlighten Solar Energy Monitoring Benefits
Technology allows us to monitor how well our solar powered system is working. The easy to read software makes understanding the data easy and very rewarding.
- Included at no additional cost
- Unprecedented insight and analysis
- Remote diagnostics and maintenance
- Web-based for mobile and desktop