LG 25 year product warranty
Years of LG research has gone into their fourth generation solar panels. LG solar panels have seen many improvements that really matter, from longer product warranties and higher efficiency to stronger framing, lower long term degradation, excellent corrosion protection, superior low light performance and increased wind loading.
LG Solar Panels
LG panels, and especially the NeON range have specific technical advantages which can result in better performance and overall more electricity output by our solar panels, compared with other standard panels.*
Overall LG panels have 30 plus advantages and will form the cornerstone to one of the most robust and long term solar energy solutions on the market. Please download our 30 LG solar panel advantages brochure or our latest customer brochure below.
* Backed by Choice magazine testing and other independent panel comparison test sites in Australia.
More Power per Square Metre
LG panels are a similar physical size to many standard 270W panels. So with the NeON 2 – 330W you get 22% more electricity per m2 than with a standard 270W panel so you can install more kWs of solar energy with LG panels on the same size roof.
Award winning panels
Our panel range has won a string of International Awards. For example the LG NeON range has won the internationally highly respected Intersolar Awards in Germany for Photovoltaic Innovation three times in 2013, 2015 and 2016. No other solar panel has had such high recognition.
Higher output after 25 years with LG
Solar panels lose their electricity generating properties over time. While standard panels lose nearly 20% over 25 years, current generation LG panels will give you 6% more output at year 25, than standard panels, with 86% capacity guaranteed.
Great looking panels
LG residential panels have a matte black frame finish combined with black cells. We believe they look better than the industry standard blue cells and grey aluminium frames. Check it out here.
LG Solar Energy Additional Features
Extreme Wind Load Resistance
LG modules have a strong double walled frame. When it comes to wind forces (rear load) many competitor modules are certified to 2400 Pascals. LG modules are certified to more than double – 5400 Pascals, which provides at least double the strength and durability to a standard module.
Strict Quality Control Reliable for the Future
The quality control of LG world-class solar production is monitored and improved using Six Sigma techniques via 500+ monitoring points to effectively maintain and improve our uncompromising quality.
LG Corrosion Resistance Certification
LG NeON® 2 panels can be installed confidently right up to the coastline. The panels have received certification for Salt Mist Corrosion to maximum severity 6 and Ammonia Resistance.
Extensive Testing Programme
LG solar panels are tested between 2 to 5 times the International Standards at our in-house testing laboratories, ensuring a very robust and longer lasting solar module.
Multi Anti-reflective Coatings Increase Output
LG is using an anti-reflective coating on the panels glass as well as on the cell surface to ensure more light is absorbed in the panel and not reflected. More absorbed light means more electricity generation.
Improved High Temperature Performance
Solar panels slowly lose ability to generate power as they get hotter. LG NeON® 2, has an improved temperature co-efficient to standard modules, which means in hot weather LG NeON® 2 panels will deliver higher output.
LG Solar Panels Review – Are They The Right Choice?
If you’re considering LG solar panels for your home, there are a number of things you need to keep in mind first.
Korea’s LG Electronics started in 1958 and are now considered to be one of the top consumer electronics manufacturers and solar panel brands in the world.
In June 2015, LG Solar was awarded the prestigious Intersolar award in the photovoltaics module category for its LG NeON™ 2 solar panel with Cello Technology. LG Solar received the award at the international trade show Intersolar 2015 in Munich.
Key Benefits Claimed By LG Solar:
- Awarded Top Brand PV Modules 2015 in UK, Benelux, Germany (EUPD Research)
- Highly efficient panels produce more power per panel size – up to 320W panel output (LG NeON 2)
- 25year product warranty (23 yrs + 2 yrs) (LG NeON 2)
- 25 year linear performance warranty guarantees at least 80.2% power output by the end of the 25th year
- LG Solar Mono X Black modules integrate with the appearance of your roof – more visually appealing than conventional solar panels
With all these positives, LG Solar panels sound like a great option for your solar power system, however, there are three things you must consider first.
- LG Solar panels offer panel efficiency rates of up to 19.5%, compared to the market leader which is up to 21%. If your budget is tight, the best performer is probably outside your price range (that high level of efficiency comes at a fairly big price premium) and LG Solar panels are going to be better value for money.
- If your roof space is not too constricted, LG Solar panels are a cost efficient choice because you can fit enough panels on the roof to meet your power needs (compared to the higher efficiency panels previously mentioned) at a more reasonable price. However, if your roof space is limited and you want to maximise your power production, LG Solar panels might not be the best choice for you. It’s important to keep in mind that solar is an investment first and foremost. Getting an accredited installer with experience in your local area to consult with you will help you understand what panels will provide the best return for your investment over the life of the system.
- Even if you are already 100% decided on LG Solar, don’t be too hasty in accepting the first quote you receive. Different installers charge different prices, even for the same product. Installers all buy their products from different places, have different margins and offer varying levels of service. The price you are quoted, even for the exact same product, can vary by hundreds of dollars depending on who you talk to.
The best way to make sure you get the right panel for you at the best price is to compare quotes from Clean Energy Council accredited installers with experience in your area.
By partnering with the top national and local installers across Australia we offer the quickest, easiest and smartest way for you to do this.