SolarEdge Hybrid Inverters and Smart Panels
A Global Leader in Smart Energy Technology
By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities, and with a relentless focus on innovation, SolarEdge creates smart energy solutions that power our lives and drive future progress.
The SolarEdge PV Solution
In a SolarEdge installation, each PV panel is connected to an intelligent electronic chip called a power optimiser. Power optimisers maximise solar energy production from each panel separately and therefore reduce power losses. If an individual panel underperforms, it won’t affect the performance of any of the other panels in the string. Every SolarEdge system further benefits from advanced monitoring that tracks and reports the performance of every panel, and exceptional safety features. A suite of integrated smart energy solutions further maximise your energy production and energy savings.
StoreEdge – Hybrid inverters with optimisers
StorEdge Backup Solution
The solution is based on a StorEdge single phase inverter which manages solar production, consumption, storage and backup power, and is compatible with high voltage LG Chem RESU batteries.
Existing Installations Powered by a Third-Party Inverter
To upgrade existing third-party installations, the StorEdge single phase inverter connects to the third-party inverter’s AC output. The StorEdge inverter charges the battery using the solar power produced by the third-party inverter.
The Benefits of SolerEdge Optimisers
Optimisors – add on items to 3rd party panels
- Per-panel Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), with MPPT per two panels using commercial power optimisers
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of panels mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance, to partial shading and aging
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic panel DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Connected by installers to c-Si, thin-film, and high current (including bi-facial) panels
- Available as frame mounted in advance, for quicker installation
Solar Edge smart modules
Further enhancing SolarEdge’s smart module residential offering for homeowners:
- Premium PV panel to boost performance and aesthetics
- Improved curb appeal with elegant black-framed panel design
- Peace of mind thanks to excellent product and performance warranty, with proven panel reliability
- Mitigation of all types of panel power losses
- Optimised energy output of each individual panel
- Automatic panel-level voltage shutdown protecting people and property
- Easy upgrades to battery storage and smart energy solutions for a truly future-proofed system